WINTER SALE NOW ON
Big savings on selected caravans and motorhomes until 16th December!
1.Where the motorhome/caravan and goods (herein collectively referred to as “the goods”) to be supplied are to be ordered from the Manufacturer and/or described in the manufacturers List or Catalogue the Seller undertakes to assist the Purchaser in obtaining from the Manufacturer the benefit or any warranty of guarantee given by such Manufacturer in respect of the goods.
2.Where the agreement is for the purchase of goods to be ordered from any Manufacturer, the Seller will use his best endeavours to deliver by such date as may be desired by the Purchaser, but he does not guarantee time of delivery, and the Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery howsoever caused.
3. In the event of the Manufacturer of the motorhome/caravan above described ceasing to make a motorhome of the type ordered by the Seller, the Seller shall be at liberty to return the deposit to the Purchaser and to cancel this agreement without further liability on his part.
4. Where the Seller agrees to allow part of the purchase price to be satisfied by the Purchaser delivering a used motorhome in part exchange, the used motorhome shall be delivered to and accepted by the Seller subject to the following conditions:
a) that the used motorhome/caravan shall be delivered to the Seller in the same condition as described by the Purchaser at the time of the order (subject only to fair wear and tear): and
b) that either (i) the used motorhome/caravan is the absolute property of the Purchaser and free from any Hire Purchase Agreement or other legal encumbrance whatsoever, or (ii) the used motorhome/caravan is the subject of the Hire Purchase or Credit Sale agreement capable of assignment by the Purchaser and of cash settlement by the Seller, and in such a case the amount of the purchase price allowed by the Seller in respect thereof shall be reduced by the amount paid in settlement by the Seller.
5. In the event of a used motorhome/caravan being taken in part exchange for the goods the Seller may forthwith proceed to dispose of such used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange, provided that the Seller shall use reasonable efforts to obtain best price. The agreed allowance in respect of such used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange shall not necessarily be the cash price and in the event of the used motorhome/caravan being sold prior to the delivery date of the goods and in the event either that the goods are not delivered or for some reason as stated in this contract the order is cancelled the sum to be paid by the Seller to the Purchaser in respect of the used motorhome/caravan taken in part exchange and so sold as aforesaid shall not be more than the price at which the used motorhome was sold.
6. The Purchaser shall pay the Seller the balance of the purchase price of the goods before delivery. Delivery will not take place before the date indicated on the order form unless an earlier delivery date is agreed.
7. If the Purchaser shall fail unlawfully to take delivery of the goods or to perform any essential obligations under this agreement, the Seller shall be at liberty to treat the agreement as repudiated and thereupon:
a) The deposit shall be forfeited. Unless specifically detailed in writing on the order, the Purchaser’s liability will not exceed the full value of the deposit.
b) The Seller shall be entitled to dispose of the goods as he may think fit and shall not be under any liability to account to the Purchaser for the price received therefore.
8. Any notice to be given under this agreement shall be deemed to have been duly served if sent by Recorded Delivery to the Purchaser’s last known address in the Seller’s possession
and subsequently recorded as having been delivered.
9. The terms of this agreement do not affect any of the Purchaser’s statutory rights as a consumer, which cannot be excluded by this agreement. For more information on these statutory rights contact a local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
10. The motorhome/caravan is sold for holiday and recreational purposes only i.e. the home must not be used as a permanent residence.
11. Distance and Off Premises Contracts
a) In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if the Customer as a private consumer has (1) entered into this contract prior to a face-to-face meeting with Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd or (2) the contract is agreed face-to-face with Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd in a place that is not Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd’s business premises or (3) the Customer places an order during a face-to-face meeting with Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd that happens in a place that is not Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd’s business premises or (4) the contract is entered into on Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd’s business premises or through any means of distance communication immediately after a face-to-face meeting between Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd and the Customer in a place that is not Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd’s business premises, then the Customer may cancel the contract without giving any reason up to 14 days after the day upon which the Customer (or anyone on the Customer’s behalf) takes possession of the Goods.
b) In order to exercise the right to cancel the Customer must provide Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd with a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). The statement should be sent to Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd using the contact details contained within the order form within the 14-day cancellation period.
c) On cancellation Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd will reimburse the Customer all payments received from the Customer excluding a charge of 10% of the purchase price, less any damage incurred from the date of collection.
d) Subject to clause 11(e) below on cancellation the Customer shall return the Goods to Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which the Customer advises Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd of the cancellation, at the Customer’s cost. If the Customer fails to return the Goods, Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd may make a charge for the cost of recovering the Goods from the Customer, this is likely to cost a minimum of £250 and Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd may deduct this charge from any sum that Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd must reimburse to the Customer.
e) Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd will reimburse the Customer using the same means of payment as the Customer used (unless otherwise agreed) without undue delay and in any event within 14 days after Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd received the Goods back or, if earlier, 14 days after the day on which the Customer provides evidence that the Goods have been sent back.
f) On cancellation any related credit agreement or other ancillary contract will be cancelled. If the cancelled contract involved a part-exchange Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd will at Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd’s discretion either return the part-exchange or pay the agreed part-exchange value (after deduction of the sums paid by Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd in accordance with clause 4(a) and 5 to settle any finance or other interests affecting the part-exchange vehicle) to the Customer. If the amount paid to settle any finance or other interest exceeds the part-exchange value of the Goods the Customer shall immediately reimburse Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd on demand.
g) If the value of the Goods is diminished because of the Customer handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods, Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd may recover that amount from the Customer and Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd can deduct it from the reimbursement provided for under clause 11(c) of these Terms and Conditions. Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd will normally view any alteration, modification or personalisation of the Goods or driving for in excess of 100 miles as going beyond what is necessary to establish to nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
h) If the Goods are made to the Customer’s specifications or clearly personalised then the Customer does not have the right to cancel the contract.
12. Hire Purchase Option: It is further agreed:
a) that the Purchaser shall have the option (subject to his being accepted by the Hire Purchase Company) to hire the said motorhome under the terms of a Hire Purchase Agreement to be entered into with a Hire Purchase Company of repute nominated by the Seller, and
b) that in the event of this said option being exercised: The terms and conditions above shall be read and construed as though the word “Trade” was substituted for the word “Seller” and the word “Hirer” for the word “Purchaser” wherever the said words occur therein and as though the first paragraph of condition 6 were deleted and there were instead the words “Except as herein before provided the Hirer shall before delivery of the goods sign the Hire Purchase Agreement”.
13. Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd shall keep and use any data relating to the Customer in accordance with the provisions of all relevant data protection legislation to process the Customer’s order and payment and (unless the Customer requests Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd does not do so), to inform the Customer about similar products that Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd provides. The Customer may stop receiving this information at any time by contacting Webbs Motor Caravans/Webbs Caravans Ltd.
14. This contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
15. This competition is run by Webbs Motor Caravans (Reading) Ltd and Webbs Caravans (Salisbury) Ltd and will run from 09.10.19 on a monthly basis until otherwise stated.
17. Entry is via the Webbs online blog form only. Entries must be delivered as form entries to be valid. Entries must include a travel story in either a motorhome or caravan purchased from Webbs with an accompanying photo.
16. The prize is a £50 voucher to be spent in-store at Webbs in either the Salisbury or Reading branch. Unfortunately there is no cash alternative.
17. All entrants must be aged 18 or over and a resident of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and Isle of Man. By entering the competition Webbs assumes that the entrant consents to entering, and has read and agrees to, the competition terms and conditions.
18. Entrants must be, or have previously been, customers of Webbs, in recent years
The winner will be chosen from entries by Webbs. In all matters the judges’ d ecision(s) will be final and Webbs has no obligation to enter correspondence or discussion.
19. We ask that all stories and photos be honest. When awarding the prizes we are obliged to verify entries, and if we cannot may decide, in the interest of fairness and transparency, to draw another winner. Our decisions are final and reserve the right to amend the T&Cs if required – although we do not anticipate needing to.
20. Webbs are obliged to verify entries and entrants in the interest of fairness and transparency. If an entry cannot be verified as a previous or existing customer, then in this rare circumstance a new winner may be drawn in their place.
21. Webbs reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition or the rules without notice in the event of an event outside of reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions and across competition channels.
22. Webbs reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the competition rules have been broken.
23. In the event that the winner is subsequently disqualified from the competition, Webbs in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these rules.
24. Winner will be contacted by the Webbs team within the first week of each month, and their story and photos will be shared on the Webbs blog and on Webbs Facebook and Instagram pages.
25. By entering the competition entrants agree to have their name published in the event of being selected as competition winner.
26. Individuals employed by Webbs or associated companies or promotional partners are not eligible to enter the competition.
27. Winner have 5 working days to stake claim to their prize and 28 days to arrange its collection or delivery (to be discussed between winner and Webbs).
28. Only one entry per person each month will be valid. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
29. Entry to this competition is free of charge. There is no cost associated with entering this competition, winning, or claiming the prize if selected as the winner.